Apologies for a brief hiatus from the site. I’m back now and should have materials more frequently. It’s Sunday and you might want to get ready for next week’s matchup. You want more games to maximise your team’s stats. That’s why you head to the waiver wire. Adds and Drops is going to be a piece where I’ll have a list of free agents (under 20% owned) that can be recommended for you to pick up and some players on your team that can be cut loose. Let’s first take a look at the schedule for the upcoming week
4 Games: CHA, CHI, DEN, DET, GSW, IND, LAC, LAL, MIN, NOR, OKC, ORL, PHI, PHO, POR, UTA, WAS
3 Games: ATL, BKN, BOS, CLE, HOU, MIA, NYK, SAC, SAS, TOR
2 Games: DAL, MEM, MIL
+ C.J. Miles (19% owned) – He’s been hot off the bench for the Pacers, averaging 18.3 points on 60.6 percent shooting along with 2.7 triples and 1.3 steals in 22.6 minutes per game for the past week. Frank Vogel is running a 3 man wing rotation so he’s getting minutes at both SG and SF off the bench. With four games this week, you should ride the hot hand.
+ Ersan Ilyasova (14% owned) – I didn’t expect the Sixers would integrate Ersan into the team and give him significant minutes this soon since they’re all about the development of Saric and their young players. But Ersan has been averaging 25.7 minutes in the two games he played for the Sixers and had 17.5 points on 52.0 percent shooting , 3.5 rebounds and 3.0 threes during that span. He’s a big with some cheap rebounds and triples but is incredibly injury prone. He’s worth a flier especially with Bob Covington not finding his shot, Brett Brown is going to run more Ilyasova and Saric lineups.
+ Nick Young (11% owned) – Swaggy P is rolling since he got promoted to the starting line up before the season started. Young is averaging 13.7 points on 43.1% shooting and 2.1 threes. He’s also getting to the line at a decent rate and hasn’t missed from there yet. There’s a lot of actions in Luke Walton’s offense, meaning there’s constant movement of players cutting and moving in a set. Young has really benefitted from this transition and seems he’s playing with a lot of rhythm and momentum. With four games this week and Larry Nance out with a concussion, there’s going to be more run.
+ Jon Leuer (8% owned) – SVG is running a tight rotation and Leuer is playing both the PF and C position off the bench for the Pistons. He’s getting good minutes, averaging 26.5 minutes since the season started. For the past week, Leuer averaged 11.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 0.7 triples, 0.7 steals and 1.3 blocks on 55.6 percent shooting. He’s a cheap big who can give you some rebounds and an occasional triple one, hence he’s ranked highly in 9-cat.
+ Jameer Nelson (3% owned) – With Will Barton out and Gary Harris still shaking off some rust, Nelson has been getting playing time. He’s averaging 9.8 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists along with 1.8 triples and 1.5 steals in 28.7 minutes per game. He’s a cheap source of assists, threes and steals for the upcoming four game week for Denver but he’s not a long term hold.
+Archie Goodwin (1% owned) – It’s still rumours right now but it seems pretty certain that Goodwin will sign for the Pelicans. He’s a 6’5 guard who plays both guard positions and since the Pelicans are incredibly thin in that department, especially with Lance Stevenson’s recent injury, the Pelicans are looking for some upside guards. They’re ready to give a two year deal to him so I think that’s a pretty solid sign of Goodwin playing a meaningful role for them. He’ll be a cheap source of assists but he can’t really shoot so get ready to take a hit on your FG%.
– Joe Johnson (48% owned) – Hayward’s back and looked aggressive at getting to the line. With Hayward back, that means Johnson’s days of 30+ minutes are gone. He’s still a cheap source of threes but he won’t be able to sustain his fifth round contribution.
– Ty Lawson (25% owned) – I wouldn’t say it’s time to officially cut bait on Lawson. Maybe give him a game or two to see how the Kings will run their lineup with Collison back. There is a chance that Dave Joerger will have both point guards on the floor at occasions. But if it doesn’t look good and there is a hot free agent out there on the wire, cut him.
– James Ennis (18% owned) – Another swingman returns from injury. With Chandler Parsons and Tony Allen returning to the roster for Memphis, Ennis is going to be demoted back on the bench. Parsons is more injury prone than Hayward but if Parsons can sustain his health, it’ll be hard for Ennis to break 25+ minutes a night. Also with Memphis playing two games this week, you could cut your losses and go for a streaming option.
– Lance Stephenson (7% owned) – He was having glimpses of the old Lance in Indiana this season but unfortunately, he needs to have surgery on his groin and will be out indefinitely. All owners hate the word indefinitely. It’s the most vague and meaningless term. But this one doesn’t look good since Pelicans might cut him to sign Archie Goodwin. Poor Lance, it’s just not his week.
– Lastly, you can also drop the streaming options from players in Dallas, Memphis and Milwaukee. I’m talking about Seth Curry, Malcolm Brogdon, Mirza Teletovic, Dwight Powell and so on. Two games is just not good enough to hold in standard league.
That’s it for the weekly edition of Adds and Drops. Stay tuned for more and follow me on Twitter for more updates or to ask me any questions about your fantasy team!