Probably the most intense day of the week in head-to-head leagues as it’s the last day against your matchup. We got eight games tonight to finish the week off and we have line up changes. Drastic ones. We also got the league’s best team getting blown out. And we have proof of LeBron caring about his triple double record against Westbrook with him adding a triple double to be one ahead of Russ. Very interesting day so let’s get down to it.
Stud of the Night: The biggest stud from tonight’s games is DeMarcus Cousins. Boogie went to Brooklyn and beasted on Brook. He finished the game with 37 points on 13-24 shooting while adding 11 rebounds, two assists, four treys, four steals and a block while only having 1 turnover. Lopez had no answer for Cousins tonight and he’s just too good. He did get a technical foul, which I think would get rescinded but if it doesn’t it’s his sixth which nine away from an automatic suspension. Boogie has been hitting his threes this season at a respectable rate at 40.8 percent. He’s also got the hot hand in the past week, averaging 35.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 4.0 triples, 2.0 blocks and 1.3 steals. He’s a stud and with his recent performances, he’s boosted his stock to top-15 value for the season. Not too worried about trade rumours, anywhere he goes, he’s going to be beast.
Eric Bledsoe – 35 points (10-23 FG, 11-11 FT), 6 boards, 6 assists, 4 triples, 2 steals and 2 blocks with 3 turnovers. Surprisingly, this was a career-high for Bled and I was shocked to see that. Thought he’d scored more before. The four triples were also a tied career-high for him too so many new milestones accomplished for mini-LeBron. It’s an encouraging sign that he hasn’t missed a game this season even though he started off the season slow. He was a buy-low target if you don’t consider his injuries. He was only returning inside top-70 value so a performance like this is a good sign of Bled turning over a new leaf. He’s been averaging 25.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 2.5 triples, 2.0 steals and 1.3 blocks in 36.7 minutes per game in the last four games. Stats like that is why people call him mini-Lebron. He’s been a stud since T.J. Warren is out but I’m thinking he can keep this up with him returning.
James Harden – 38 points (11-22 FG, 11-13 FT), 2 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 triples, 2 steals and a block with 5 turnovers. Harden has been struggling shooting the ball for the past two weeks so shooting 50 percent tonight is a good sign. His rebounding numbers also took a hit and grabbing two rebounds tonight didn’t help much. He’s asked to do too much for the team and you kind of wonder whether it’s going to take a toll on Harden’s body. He’s still an 8-cat stud while his turnover numbers are through the roof. He had zero in the first half and an outburst of five in the second half. He’s ranked eighth in 9-cat and third in 8-cat so yes, he’s a stud.
Anthony Davis – 36 points (12-22 FG, 12-14 FT), 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block with 2 turnovers. Just when you thought the Pels are on a roll, they lose to the team with the worst record in the league. We should be used to the Brow getting stats like this so there’s no surprise when he’s mentioned here on almost every game. He’s still relatively healthy and hasn’t shown signs of having any nagging injuries. He’s jostling with Durant as the best fantasy player and leading the league in scoring. It’s a career year for Davis and I’m still thinking the Pels are wasting his talent by being there. He’s got no help on that team. Nights like tonight where he have his teammates like Moore and Jones both dropping an egg just makes you feel bad for him.
C.J. McCollum – 28 points (9-19 FG, 6-6 FT), 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 triples, 2 steals and a turnover. After a brief stretch of cold shooting, C.J. is showing signs of bouncing back, shooting 47.4 percent from his last two games which is nearly identical to his season averages. Him and Dame were running the show tonight but defensively, they couldn’t stop Harden and the rockets. The two teams were neck and neck until the fourth quarter when the Blazers seemingly ran out of gas. C.J. has been really efficient this season, 47.3 percent from the field, 44.5 percent from threes and 91.0 percent from the line. The Blazers have been pretty inconsistent this season and they’re waiting on Aminu’s return. With Aminu returning, it’s going to help McCollum and Dame more.
Waiver Wire Gems:
Sean Kilpatrick (34% owned) – 22 points (8-13 FG, 3-3 FT), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 triples, 2 steals in 30 minutes. Kilpatrick got the start tonight with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson absent. He led the team in scoring tonight and is averaging 20.3 points in the last three games. He’s also adding 3.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.0 triples, 1.0 blocks and 0.7 steals in 29.5 minutes during that span. Lin and RHJ is returning real soon so Kilpatrick will probably be moved back to the bench. After a hot start to the season, I don’t think Kilpatrick will have consistent value apart from being a good streamer.
John Henson (9% owned) – 20 points (8-13 FG, 4-6 FT), 7 boards, 3 blocks and a steal in 29 minutes. After a DNP-CD last game, Kidd decided to put Henson back into the starting line up over Miles Plumlee. I don’t think anybody will know what Kidd would do next so your guess is as good as mine. I mentioned dropping Henson in my Adds and Drops but clearly I don’t know what I’m talking about. All I know is that Kidd is deciding which center to use depending on the matchup on any given night so I guess playing against Jonas Valanciunas is a no-go but playing against Nikola Vucevic and Bismack Biyombo is a yes. He does have the most upside out of the three centers in the Bucks so feel free to give him an add but I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets another DNP-CD next game.
P.J. Tucker (7% owned) – 21 points (6-10 FG, 6-7 FT), 8 rebounds, 3 triples and a steal in 42 minutes. Tucker got the start tonight with Dudley and Warren missing out. Tucker’s getting consistent minutes but 41 minutes is a season high. He’s hit six triples in the past three games while he only hit two in the previous 14 games. Tucker hasn’t really been producing any good fantasy production this season and this seems like a fluke. Warren is out for a couple of weeks and deep leagues might want to take a look at him for some cheap boards, steals and the occasional three.
Cavaliers vs Sixers
- Kyrie has been on fire lately and he scored 39 points on 14-27 shooting tonight against the Sixers. He’s averaging 28.0 points on 58.2 percent from the field in his last three games so and knocking down 4.0 triples per game over that span. Love is looking like Minnesota Love too, with 25 points, 11 boards and four triples. LeBron had 26/10/13 as he’s still leading Westbrook in triple doubles.
- Embiid had another solid game with 22 points, nine boards, three triples and three blocks. Aside from the minute restriction and rests, Embiid has actually been returning top-70 value. Now imagine when the minutes restriction gets lifted and no DNP’s. This guy is going to be a stud and potentially a top-20 pick next season. Sergio Rodriguez got the start with Bayless out, he played well but likely demoted to bench when Bayless returns.
Nuggets vs Suns
- I’m just waiting on that Wilson Chandler drop or injury and say “I told you so” but before that happens, Chandler is making me look bad with performance like 25 points, eight boards, three triples and three steals. He’s a top-60 asset right now. Jokic played 31 minutes with 13 points and 11 boards. Meanwhile, Nurkic played 16 minutes with eight points and six boards. Jokic getting minutes is good.
- Tyson Chandler’s first game in the starting line up since his return and played 38 minutes, scoring 10 points and 15 boards. He’s been a beast on the boards this season but why is he getting so many minutes? Len played some power forward again with 10 rebounds and five points in 29 minutes.
Clippers vs Pacers
- This game probably lost a lot of people’s money. Clippers got blown out and only scored 70 points. CP3 had 13/4/4 with four turnovers. Redick had five points on 1-7 shooting. Blake had 16 points on 6-15 shooting. Basically a bad night for the Clips.
- Paul George and C.J. Miles are still out. Slip in a buy low offer for Paul George right now would be quite good. Glen Robinson III got the start and played a lot of minutes again. He scored 17 points in 39 minutes. Turner had a good game with 17 points and 12 boards.
Kings vs Nets
- Rudy Gay had a LeBron type game with 22/8/8. Contract year for Gay and he’s been exceeding his ADP by a lot. I think he’ll be good even if he gets traded. Don’t underestimate the heart of a contract year player. Collison got the start and dropped 18 points, while Lawson had a good game with 13/4/4 in 21 minutes.
- BroLo had 17 points, seven boards and three triples. Whenever Lopez gets more than five boards, it’s a surprise. Booker is still the pick up of the year with eight points, eight boards, five assists and a steal.
Bucks vs Magic
- Giannis had 18/9/4 with three blocks, a steal and a triple. This is a quiet game from Giannis and he’s been a stud this year. Monroe got 16 minutes and rewarded Kidd with 11 points and seven boards. Rookie Malcolm Brogdon scored 12 points and a couple of threes.
- Magic only went eight deep tonight and Vogel made some big changes in the starting line up. Biyombo got the start over Vooch but only had four points, four rebounds and two blocks. Vooch had 17 points and 16 boards. Gordon got the start with Green missing out. Gordon missed all 12 shots and dropped an egg. Augustin got the start over Payton with 11 points and five assists. While Payton to the bulk of the minutes off the bench with 16/3/3. Who knows how long Vogel is going to stick to this. The Magic lost to the Bucks so I’m guessing not long.
Pelicans vs Mavericks
- Jrue Holiday had 17/4/6 and was the only player apart from Davis in double figure. Nothing else to talk about the other players as they were all pretty bad.
- Dirk sat out with sore achilles again, which means Dwight Powell got the start. He had four points and five steals. Barnes played 41 minutes while finishing with 23/7/4. Matthews hit six threes and finished with 21 points.
Rockets vs Blazers
- Eric Gordon came off the bench with 26/5/4 and six triples. After a few bad games, this is positive news. Capella couldn’t miss tonight. He had 21 points and nine boards. Ariza did Ariza things with 18 points, four triples and two steals.
- Moe Harkless continues to be really solid with 18 points, two triples and two steals. Dame had a very inefficient 27 points. He’ll bounce back. Mason Plumlee is a sneaky guy who’s giving solid assists. He had 11/8/7.
Hawks vs Lakers
- Bazemore led the way with 21 points and five triples. He was averaging 27.3 percent from the field in his last four games so shooting 50 percent tonight is a positive sign. Dwight had 19 points and nine boards. Millsap disappointed again with 9/5/3.
- No Randle and Russell tonight so Calderon and Thomas Robinson got the start. But it was Lou Williams who led the way with 21 points. Uncle P came back and hit four triples to go along with 17 points. Nance had a double double with 12 points and 10 boards off the bench as well.
That’s it for Sunday’s FFF. Stay tuned for more and follow me on Twitter for more updates or to ask me any questions about your fantasy team!